Lengalia offers over 3500 short dictations (from level A0 to C2 across 18 courses), which help you to practise your spelling and listening comprehension in Spanish. These dictations focus on the most important grammatical structures and the key vocabulary of the lesson and can be checked automatically.
Dictation is a very effective learning tool, even for beginners, because once you have mastered the basic rules of Spanish pronunciation, you will be able to follow and write down the texts used in our dictations with ease.
Here's how it works:
Each dictation comes with an audio file containing the text spoken by two different speakers, a Spanish man and Mexican woman.
- Listen to the audio file. You can choose Spanish or Mexican pronunciation. (1)
- Try to type the correct text in the text box. (2)
- Click on the button "check" and your text will be checked automatically.
- Here you can see the result of your dictation. (3)
Red means that you have made a mistake with your spelling.
Orange means that a mistake has been made, but the word is still evaluated as correct because the mistake is related to a different issue (e.g., a misplaced lower/upper case letter, a missing accent or a full stop, comma, special character ñ¡!¿?).
- You can listen to the audio and correct the sentence as many times as you want, clicking on the "check again" button after each attempt. (4)
- If you click on the "eye" icon (5), you can see the original text of the dictation and the corresponding translation, if available. If not, you can translate the dictation with our online translator.